Monday, March 22, 2021

Ohana Sketch Layout - Table of Contents (RD)

  Table of Contents 

    The layout in which I chose for the table of content was "Image as content" which is the order of the magazine displayed through images. I chose this method of table of contents simply because I like the form of it, and find it more intriguing and playful which is a characteristic towards my magazine. Also working with a toddler allowed me to receive a mass amount of images ,so I am speaking honestly when I say that, I will not allow those images to go vain and will find a way to utilize it. Being as expressive with my production as I can be while correlating it to my content is a good fit for "Image as content" table of contents.



The Sketch appeared to me as simple to design once I were to go to Canva and design it. However once I began, I realized how difficult it would be to design it like the "Image as content" table of contents. This 1st attempt came out extremely disoriented and did not follow the path that I was going with. From this process, I have learned that I need to decrease the width of the image, change the background, align my page and subheadings, and find better images than what I've chosen.

Reference Picture

This was my attempt at a "Image as Content" table of content. I believe that this doesn't depict the best layout of a table of contents and looks more like a book rather that a magazine. Therefore, I must make alternations that would keep the "Image as content" alive but format it differently so that a content page can actually be seen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment