Monday, March 22, 2021

Ohana Table of contents Editing

 Editing

The following images are edits made before the final project of my table of contents page. Canva is the website mostly utilized during this magazine.

Items that were changed since 1st draft:

  1. Images
  2. Amount of pictures 
  3. Text/Font
  4. The editing of the actual images
  5. Colors
  6. Layout
The colors in which I planned to utilize for the background was the second color of the second column because it was a subtle color that wouldn't take away too much from the new images placed since my 1st draft.

The adjustments are as follows: enhanced the color quality (tint), the surrounding darkness to focus on the main image (vignette), the un-clarity of the image (blur), lighting of the image (brightness), the darkness of the image as well as the details of the image (saturation), and the quality of the image (contrast).

These filters allowed me to bring a color pop to the images and enhance them from the dull gray scale color that resonated over them. The model skin tone, clothing, and background were all enhance with color from this modification.

Realizations - The edits that were made to this table of contents were still not enough to bring forth the realism I desired. So, I utilized my findings from the cover page transformation for my new format of table of contents. I would not be able to use image as content anymore because I failed to find the niche that would work for me with that style of table of contents. I want my magazine o look real and if it did not look real because of my chosen style then I would need to replace it.  

I utilized this magazine because it would guide me towards a clear yet informational style of table of contents. As I produced my personal magazine I made sure to include elements that I liked and rejected the ones I didn't like to ensure that my magazine would be realistic, appealing and follow the audience desires. 

|Below are the drafts of my 3rd attempt at Table of Contents|
Attempt #1
Attempt #2
 
Attempt #1 was simply me trying to find a template that would look the most realistic. I found a template on Canva that mimicked the reference photo. Once I found that template, I was able to edit it as the reference and utilize my skills and background knowledge of color schemes and themes to construct my attempt #2. Afterwards I made a few modifications to make elements more vibrant, realistic, and appealing. - This will be found in my final project.


No comments:

Post a Comment