Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A Bit About Me

A Bit About Me

Storge love, a love that naturally occurs between family and friends alike that are built constantly from memories. Till this day my family has shown an immense amount of love and care for one another. This is where I first learned about love, seeing my family unite from places like Georgia to the Bahamas to simply greet one another in a warm hug and kiss. I love to make people feel the warmth that my family brought me and I thought that I could do that by giving them the best version of me each time I saw them; I was a people pleaser searching for attention from others so they could see the good that I had within me. I learned quickly from this practice that life would not always provide me with the result I imagined, I learned that I couldn't always make people happy and warm but I knew that everyone needed that happiness and warmth. This is where my plans for the future arose.

 As I recognized the patterns of people and grasped the idea that everyone in life isn't always placed in position to feel that warmth and happiness, I did what I could to contribute to that by attending community service events to spread love and kindness throughout communities. This hobby soon became something that I truly enjoyed and would ask myself, “How could I possibly be of any good to them?”. A profession involving the guidance for families, groups, and individuals to enhance their individual and collective well-being. A social worker fulfilled that void of warmth and happiness I so eagerly desired to spread. I acquired more research on social work and decided that this profession was the one for me because I could help people be a better them despite their status, circumstances, or beliefs. The passion I have will only take my career so far everything else must come from my education. 


As a student in AICE media studies, a class that influences research and quality content I have learned from students how the reaction of the story  is more important than knowing the full story. The skill sets that this course will equip me with is needed in order to further my studies in social work. Social work requires stamina, research on dilemmas and world events, and the reactions from these events. This course is an advantage for myself and others who are pursuing a career that focuses on the outcome and framework of others. Although my time in this course has not been long, I already have a great form of preparation that will be utilized for my success.


Above are a few images that depict my past and present life activities and how my contributions have impacted my plans for the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment