Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Reflection of Syllabus

    Reflection of Syllabus

    Media Studies is a course that requires an immense amount of research which I am eagerly looking forward to. Media research is an interesting search , personally, because it invites the realities of magazines into the expectations the world has of it. Receiving the opinion of others is another aspect of this course I am yearning to receive. The media revolves around opinions, especially the opinions of the interviewee and those close to that individual. Opinions can easily turn to facts which is an aspect of the media I find quite interesting to explore. Furthermore, designing the magazine is essential to the entirety of the magazine and a major aspect I am looking forward to. Designing the magazine pieces the literal and fictional into one, creating a vivid expression and message to the audience. Designing a magazine allows the things I can't express to be vividly present and expands the interest of the magazine all the more.

     The thought of writing blogs that are more than quantitative resonates an uneasy feeling about this course. Quality over quantity has always been administered within me but actually placing that into practice is something that requires skill and practice. This course is extremely important beyond its rewards, being able to successfully express my thoughts about stereotyping can become a challenge that can easily go wrong. Understanding the goals and expectation in order to pass the course truly is an aspect that I find nerve-racking. I want to be completely confident in my approach to this magazine without dismay; Although that will take time, trial and error I still find that aspect to be tense. Additionally, the response I receive is a portion of the course I am not looking forward to. After vigorously working on something that I find quite intriguing and not receiving my expected response would be crushing.
    
     Media studies is a course that requires more than what I have experience in such as, designing a magazine, interviewing individuals with similar and different viewpoints than myself, and posting blogs about a topic that is sensitive to society specifically because it still occurs; Nonetheless, this is what I hope to gain from this course.

This image represents how I feel about the course. I am happy and excited to begin this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment