Tuesday, December 29, 2020

What I Have Learned From Conventions

 What have I gathered and will use in my magazine project from conventions ?

    History, types, genres, design, content, layout, anatomy of page design, demographics, production, and market research are the conventions discussed in the previous 10 blogs. From these blogs research I have determined some information to be quite fascinating and useful towards the progression of my magazine project. I have learned much but the information that I have gathered from them that I plan to utilize in my magazine project is the art of the unordinary. Out of all 10 conventions, 5 of them stood out most that I will be concentrating on with my magazine project.  

    Genre - A genre is not a limitation but a framework to the direction of your magazine. The direction that the genre takes you is all up to you. My magazine: The genre of my magazine will be family based. I intend to enter into the world of youth and how everyone's childhood is different from others. 
    Content - The content of a magazine is truly the meat of the magazine that is most appreciated and interpreted. Whether the content is structured in properly the content itself is what matters most. Content should be factual being that it would be highly appreciated by subscribers. Content is not limited to  paragraphs of information but can be questionnaires, interviews, illustrations, images, comments from celebrities and more. Content is especially important if the information is medically, spiritually, or financially related topics. My magazine: The content I wish to produce with my magazine includes quality stories that symbolize what family life is about, something that is organized while remaining easy to read and enjoyable for the audience. 
    Anatomy of Page design - The anatomy of page designs are extremely important to the attention that pages will receive. Despite the content being of quality, if the layout is not structured accordingly the information will be easily dismissed by readers. If I want my content to truly be analyzed I must structure my pages that appear both amusing, unique, expressive, and interactive. My magazine: The fluidity of my magazine is important to me which is why I plan to design my magazine with simplicity meaning not too much text that takes away from the images but enough images to tell what text couldn't. I will utilize colors to provide the flair and beauty needed to congregate a balanced page design. 
    Demographics - Along with the tools of  content and genre, my targeted demographic will be easily expressed. Being that my demographic can only be determined through my design and content it's important that I congregate those well so that I can cater to my demographic properly also. My magazine: The demographic I wish to target include youth (10-18) and young adults (19-29). I believe that my content can extend to those age levels being that those generations are either in the midst of childhood or are ending /ended their childhood and are headed to adulthood. 
    Market Research -  The entirely of my magazine receiving the attention that I wish tp receive involves receiving feedback from my audience. Without this I can continuously put out information that won't be relevant or entirely pleasing. I will utilize questionnaires so that I can , somewhat, communicate with "subscribers". 
My magazine: To gain insight from my audience I plan to exercise questionnaires through forms and interviews to receive market feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment