Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Research - Magazine Models

Magazine Models

    Parents, Baby Talk, and Baby are three magazine companies that I will utilize as models for my magazine project. These magazines have shown me not only how to design and structure my magazine project but the importance of content and resources needed in order to successfully educate parents about how to properly care for their loved ones especially without the guidance of an older guardian.

 The reason I chose Parents magazine as one of my model magazine choices was the aesthetic of the magazine. This magazine company is known for utilizing celebrity parents who exploit their love and care for their children publicly. Along with the beautiful coloring and style this magazine presents the images are modern and up to date with generational trends. Parents Magazine is also a magazine that many regular civilians look upon to examine what makes them similar or unique from celebrities in the aspect of parenting. 


Baby talk magazine is one of America's eldest parenting magazine companies. This magazine is known for helping new mothers trust their maternal instincts with "straight talk" from experts and real moms. This magazine company works alongside other companies such as Parenting, Working Mother Magazine, American Baby and more. I chose this magazine because I can utilize resources and information from reliable sources to obtain helpful information. Furthermore, I can get assistance from their partnered companies for more ideas and advice.


Baby magazine is a popular magazine company that is eccentric for catering to all the aspects of parenting life. This magazine is more like a catalog for parents providing access to different nurseries for specific babies, advice for dads, stroller information and much more. This baby magazine was also chosen  by me because of how the babies are treated as the celebrities rather than their parents. ‘Baby of the week’ spreads are available as well as pregnancy tips and exercises. Overall, this magazine will be a great model for my magazine project allowing me to go beyond surface level of parenting.

Images can be found from google or parents and baby magazine website.

No comments:

Post a Comment