Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Re-evaluation of Magazine

 The Ups and Downs of my magazine production

    In the beginning of this project, I began with a baby magazine idea because I thought it would be easier for me to construct since I had a model in mine for production. I was passionate about young children and knew that my magazine would flourish about something I personally enjoy. The only idea I had at the time was a baby magazine. I thought that I had a complete plan but I'm not too sure now that I think about it. So I decided that I would still include young children within my magazine somehow. This is where I thought, "Why don't I include concepts that build up a child?" like their childhood and upbringing which is where the birth of a parenting magazine came about. Once I figured out this parenting idea, I researched different forms of parenting magazines and what content is included. Advice, stories of childhood, current issues with parenting in todays society, emotional differences between certain relationships and much more are just a few of the elements that can be included in a parenting magazine.

    Once, I found the direction in which I wanted to focus on in my parenting magazine, a child upbringing, I believed it was a cool idea to produce this form of magazine so that teens and young adults can be advised about the differences of childhood and the effects in which it has on someone. Although I had doubts about creating a parenting magazine because I was not a parent and still in my early years of living, I appreciated the perspective taken from a teens point of view which creates a diverse dynamic that many are not used to when they hear parenting magazine. Additionally, my magazine is not based on parenting but more so the upbringing from parents but being that there is not a specific genre for this form of magazine, parenting magazine in general fits in that niche. 

    Constructing this magazine was not easy because of the topic and productions. I was concerned that my direction of childhood would not be as easily seen as I ,of course, had seen it. I altered my models, interviewees, my interview questions and other elements that would better preserve the upbringing image. Furthermore, I received information from magazines that would support my attempts of clarity to my magazine which, in turn ,eased some of my concern. All in all, I enjoyed the difficulty because it allowed me to think outside the box and find ways to express my idea as clearly as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment